Thursday, June 12, 2014

I Made A Blog!

Happy Summer!

In order to avoid the usual atrophy that happens to my brain during these warm, humid, southern summer months, I have proclaimed this summer to be the "Make Stuff Summer."  Until I designate a day to make a better name for this, "Make Stuff Summer" will involve picking one new project a day to tackle until I can look back at the end of July and proudly declare, "Yes, this sucks, but I MADE IT.  DARNIT."

People have actually expressed an interest in these projects, probably for the laugh of knowing they are not the only people that are actually not good at DIY projects, or for smugly knowing they are in fact one of those talented DIY people and they will never be as awful as me.  I think I have both parties covered. You may even get photos.  I make no guarantees, but you will at least get links to the source of the original ideas from the folks that are actually good at this.

So today, June 12, 2014, I made a blog.  Check.

The rest of the day will be spent trying to figure out which projects to attempt first, while trying to type around a huge black kitty.  And checking on the huge black dog to make sure she didn't get too tired out at Doggy Camp while I was out of town.  You will learn more about my fur children in the future. :)

Have projects you'd like to see me mess up?  Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blogger. Now you're speaking my language. I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3rd times the charm? Kate, I'm excited about your blog, even though it really doesn't want to let me comment. Also, I miss you!!! And we should Skype or Facetime or something soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It posted! And I found YOUR blog! Double yay! :)

      Delete