Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Make Something Monday - Kitchen Hacks

Happy Tuesday Night!

I really need to change Make Something Monday, because honestly, I can't get my shenanigans in gear on on Monday to make it and blog it. For example, it takes more than a day to make a scrapbook.  It also takes more than two days to make a scrapbook. Who knew?  Oh, everyone but me?  Ok.

So, instead, I decided to share some old things I've done to make my kitchen life easier. I combined two posts to make the best kitchen cabinet organizer ever.
Hanging measuring cups with cork board behind!

Hanging measuring spoons, AND cork, AND conversion charts!!
No more missing measuring things!  I used to lose these ALL THE TIME.  First we put up corkboard squares (super cheap from any office supply store/craft store/Target). Then we* (*for the remainder of this part, "we" will be played by "my husband") painted paint sticks to match the rest of the kitchen, and screwed them into the cabinet edges, making sure we didn't put them the same height as the shelves inside. A few eye hooks later, and VOILA!  It makes cooking, baking, AND putting the dishes away SO MUCH EASIER.

Cork board idea website no longer exists, but here's the pin for the hangers:  Ultimate Storage Solution for Your Measuring Cups.  The top chart I copied from the website, but made it on my own computer and laminated it at the local teacher supply store. The bottom chart I got HERE (that is my own pinterest page, the original, yet again, no longer exists).

I have another chart on my washer and dryer I got HERE.
I have had to use this chart more than I care to admit. 

My favorite kitchen hack, which my mom thought was so clever, is the over the door shoe holders!
Cleaning supplies I forget how to use.
 Here is the one I have in the kitchen for cleaning supplies. I also have one in the coat closet for scarves and gloves I'll never wear again because I live in GEORGIA.  I want to get a third one for art and craft supplies (colored pencils, markers, my 80 bajillion colored sharpies and highlighters) so I can use my linen closet for its intended purpose.

What are some of YOUR favorite life hacks?  Let me know in the comments!



1 comment:

  1. Those little "Car Cups" of gum? They make PERFECT rubber band and bobby pin holders. I've got tons of them. Tic-Tac containers also work well.

    ReplyDelete