Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Make Something Monday...on Wednesday

Hello!

I hope you didn't think I abondoned this project already.  I mean, I did let six days of radio silence go by!  Anyway, my original plan was to celebrate "Make Something Monday" (yup, from Pinterest) by actually making something, then posting about it the next day. And I promptly forgot. So, without further delay, here is my first project - The Food Passport!

Ta-Da!
The original link to the Food Passport was faulty, but the idea was pretty clear. First, get your favorite colored pens, and a mini notebook. For reference, the size is between an iPhone and an iPad Mini.  The pens I had, the notebook was $4.99 at Hobby Lobby, AKA my new time blackhole.

I have a problem.
This is only half of them. 

This one felt kind of "Mischief Managed" to me...
Then, I harassed the kind people of Facebook - "Where are your favorite restaurants around town?"
And they answered.
And it was awesome.


Google, why you no let me rotate??
Sample page (Google, why won't you let me rotate the photo??)
Each restaurant gets its own page, and when we eat there, some sort of congratulatory stamp or sticker will go in the box.  Lists are more fun if you have a way of checking them off.

I'm a teacher. Gold Stars are my life. 
There was only one casualty in this endeavor - my favorite teal blue sparkle pen. It has written many a Christmas Card, and I'm sad to see it go.

Of course the end exploded while I'm wearing pale pink pants. Stupid blue ink. 
So thanks to the internet, and my own driving around, my Alpharetta-ish Restaurants, in no particular order, are:
Hop Alley
SmokeJack
Milton's
Village Tavern
Mugs on Milton
Collet French Pastry and Cafe
5 Seasons
Zola Italian Bistro
Ippolito's
Cans
Another Broken Egg
Pure
Flying Biscuit
Alpine Bakery
DaVinci's Donuts
Sage
Crust
Cafe Efendi
Union
Salt Factory
Sip Wine & Tapas
Casa Nuova
Mambo's

Clearly we have room for more ideas, because I think I may have just filled less than 25% of this thing.

The filled pages are below the bookmark. Seriously, more ideas needed!
So internet, which places did I forget?  Which places would you include from your hometown?  Fill those comments, and Happy Eating!





4 comments:

  1. Teds, ricks, my salad and garbage plates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Upstate New York, you never fail to make me miss you! :)

      Delete
  2. Check out Olde Blind Dog and G.C. BBQ in Crabapple. And Northpoint Diner... their cakes are deeeeee-lish! ;)

    ReplyDelete